Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Karl83

Greetings from Liverpool

Hello all - I'm a total newbie to stargazing but I've been interested in space ever since I was a kid.....At the

moment I'm looking to buy my first scope nothing too fancy but something decent.

Anyway a bit about myself - I'm coming up to 31, from Liverpool and enjoy travelling seeing new places around the World.

Be nice to chat to a few of you on these forums  :grin:  and hopefully get some advice on how to further my enjoyment!

Cheers!!

Hello Karl and welcome to SGL have a look at some of the posts on hear reference telecscopes you'll pick up some good tips for the type of scope to buy. You may want to to decide what you want to do first. i e are you interested in observing or astro photography ?

Good luck in your choice

Just observing at the moment - I would love to get into the photography side eventually as some of the pictures I've seen

are spectacular.....With it being my first scope I'm looking to get one for under £100 do you recommend any?

Thanks for the advice yeah I was looking at that scope last night - it looks like I'll end up getting it as I have seen

it mentioned around the forums ion various other posts  :smiley:

Hi and welcome to SGL - This is a great place to be, so glad that you found us.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Karl & Welcome to SGL.  You cannot go wrong with a Dobsonian. :grin: