SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Possibly cheapish autoguiding

piprees

Hi, I have a NEQ6 and was wondering if anybody has used a HitecAstro USB Guider with a Pentaflex digital eyepiece camera or similar for autoguiding, (or am I missing the point), and then, what sort of results are achieved. Could this setup be used with PHD? It's just that I'm an absolute scrooge!!!
Kind regards,
P.

Hi.

I was wondering much the same, I have a Sky-watcher EQ5 Enhanced Dual Axis Motor Drives with the ST4 interface and was thinking of adding HitecAstro USB Guider but with using a converted webcam on a 50mm tracking scope on my 6" refractor.

I just bought a hitecastro eq direct cable.

This bypasses the handset altogether and allows your pc/laptop to do the work using cartes du ciel and eqmod.

cost 20 quid

webcam and tracking scope are irrelevant as to specs long as your pc cam 'see' the sky (focal length being similar helps).

This bypasses the handset altogether and allows your pc/laptop to do the work using cartes du ciel and eqmod.

cost 20 quid

webcam and tracking scope are irrelevant as to specs long as your pc cam 'see' the sky (focal length being similar helps).

An eqdir cable will not work with a motor driven Eq5, it needs to be an Eq5 Pro Synscan but it will work great for the OP's NEQ6.

Piprees - You could download PHD and see if you can bring up an image with your Pentaflex digital eyepiece camera, if you can then you may be good to go.

cost 20 quid

would just getting a cable work for my HQ5 with its enhanced (ST4) hand unit or do I need the HitecAstro USB Guider!

Archived