SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Grant

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the sky at Lucksall is not perfect being close to Hereford.

However, I have been there on two occasions when it has been so dark and so clear that has been difficult to make out the constellations, as the back ground stars were very bright.

Don't think simon will be bringing his 22" last time I spoke to him he said it definitely won't fit in his car:(

Just got back from hols Calvin & seen the thread.

Sadly you are right, the wheel mod I've made makes the 22" scope too big for my motor :-(

Just gonna bring my 120 frac I think.............

Stu looking forward to meeting you and have a ganders at the 16" I'll show you how to drive it the proper way though ;)

Quite happy to be shown the big scope ropes Dan, will be great to meet you.

Still haven't sussed the SIPS setup properly so perhaps the Dob Mob can assist!

Yeah you will stu when Mike bought the dob he had a moonlite fitted but when he decided to get the sips he had to make the the trusses about 20-40 longer i remember him saying.also I also have the sips fitted and my truss poles are slightly longer so I don't need any extensions. Ideally a scope needs to be built around the sips as faulksy will tell you he had to create an extra 40mm to his OO to get focus when he bought the sips. Don't worry stu the dob mob will sort you out.

Yeah you will stu when Mike bought the dob he had a moonlite fitted but when he decided to get the sips he had to make the the trusses about 20-40 longer i remember him saying.also I also have the sips fitted and my truss poles are slightly longer so I don't need any extensions. Ideally a scope needs to be built around the sips as faulksy will tell you he had to create an extra 40mm to his OO to get focus when he bought the sips. Don't worry stu the dob mob will sort you out.

....in more ways than one!

Josh 14 liked the four bladed helicopter last year. So can people bring cool toys for him to see? Maybe a model space rocket that works.

I'll bring mine again if I've got room. Something to do when the clouds show up. :grin:

post-7131-0-51626700-1424811871_thumb.jp

Archived