Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Grant

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

deffo not bringing the the aperture then, if it aint dark then im just getting lashed 

its probably darker than halewood

The great thing about Lucksall is that the night time clouds are less orange..... B)

• Like 1

Yes the sky at Lucksall is not perfect being close to Hereford.

However, I have been there on two occasions when it has been so dark and so clear that has been difficult to make out the constellations, as the back ground stars were very bright.

The great thing about Lucksall is that the night time clouds are less orange..... B)

Yeah gav they will if you where sunglasses mate

• Like 1

its probably darker than halewood

True but I never observe form home,I always travel to dark sky locations.

• Like 2

Don't think simon will be bringing his 22" last time I spoke to him he said it definitely won't fit in his car:(

Just got back from hols Calvin & seen the thread.

Sadly you are right, the wheel mod I've made makes the 22" scope too big for my motor :-(

Just gonna bring my 120 frac I think.............

That's pants Simon we were hoping for 1 big dob, nightmare at least we have our fracs like most people :-) see you soon Simon

This will be fun, the Dob Mob with fracs and the Frac Pack with dobs!

I know it's only little but I hope to have my 16" there, will be much darker than at home anyway

• Like 1

Stu looking forward to meeting you and have a ganders at the 16" I'll show you how to drive it the proper way though ;)

• Like 1

Stu looking forward to meeting you and have a ganders at the 16" I'll show you how to drive it the proper way though ;)

Quite happy to be shown the big scope ropes Dan, will be great to meet you.

Still haven't sussed the SIPS setup properly so perhaps the Dob Mob can assist!

• Like 1

It is a bit of a pain. I think I need to got some longer truss brackets which Mike supplied me in order to get the focal point far enough out. Will try to sort before SGLX

Yeah you will stu when Mike bought the dob he had a moonlite fitted but when he decided to get the sips he had to make the the trusses about 20-40 longer i remember him saying.also I also have the sips fitted and my truss poles are slightly longer so I don't need any extensions. Ideally a scope needs to be built around the sips as faulksy will tell you he had to create an extra 40mm to his OO to get focus when he bought the sips. Don't worry stu the dob mob will sort you out.

• Like 2

Thanks Dan, I'll fit the longer brackets then and see how I go. I guess longer poles are ultimately the best solution.

Better stop hijacking the SGLX thread ;-), look forward to seeing you all.

• Like 1

Yeah you will stu when Mike bought the dob he had a moonlite fitted but when he decided to get the sips he had to make the the trusses about 20-40 longer i remember him saying.also I also have the sips fitted and my truss poles are slightly longer so I don't need any extensions. Ideally a scope needs to be built around the sips as faulksy will tell you he had to create an extra 40mm to his OO to get focus when he bought the sips. Don't worry stu the dob mob will sort you out.

....in more ways than one!

• Like 2

we will sort it like dan said what i had to do. ill show you the nexus as well :grin:

• Like 1

I still believe you're still calling yourselves the dob mob  :evil:.

I love fast cars so I think I'll bring a diesel punto to the next track day :eek:

• Like 3

Josh 14 liked the four bladed helicopter last year. So can people bring cool toys for him to see? Maybe a model space rocket that works.

Josh 14 liked the four bladed helicopter last year. So can people bring cool toys for him to see? Maybe a model space rocket that works.

Paul 41 wouldn't mind seeing that as well.

Toys?...I'll bring my laser display lights they look lovely...

• Like 1

Toys?...I'll bring my laser display lights they look lovely...

maybe you can bounce them off my mirror ball?  :evil:

• Like 1

I'll bring mine again if I've got room. Something to do when the clouds show up. :grin:

post-7131-0-51626700-1424811871_thumb.jp

Cricket match?...no Aussies tho.!

an arrow through my heart :D