Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Grant

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Oh I dunno the weather might be better if we all leave the big scopes at home. Loads of aperture = rain :(

I'm leaving the big Dob at home. ;)

Oh no, u gotta bring the big one Steve! Or is that a cunning plan, pretend we're not to fool the weather?

Oh no, u gotta bring the big one Steve! Or is that a cunning plan, pretend we're not to fool the weather?

Ssssh! ;)

I'm booked, my very first one so please be gentle with me, 

didn't know about pitch numbers so just put any available....hope I get one :smiley:

suppose I better start looking at tents now :rolleyes:

Regards

I'm not bringing my big Dob ......... And you know why !

Edited by kerrylewis
  • Like 4

as there are so many people who are not bringing there big dobs along. I will not be  bringing my little scopes with me just in case nobody wants to look at a grab and go set up under dark skies.

Hi Andy,

Trust you and Sandra enjoyed the Galloway skies or those invaluable whiskey tasting sessions.

Your tent will fit in the Lucsall campsite, the rest of us may have difficulties if you manage to get there first!

The pitches are very similar to Dunroamin.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Adrian

booked, nearly missed that all together

Monday to sunday

Edited by Mav359
  • Like 3

I'm bringing a bed this time :grin:

I'm going to own up to a late night schoolboy error here just to get it off my chest...

Last night (after a couple of Malts) I checked the date and timing of the eclipse to make sure that when I joined this morning's booking frenzy I would book the correct first night. Morning of the 20th March - job done.

I then started musing about what we might be able to look at early in the morning before dawn whilst waiting on the big event. I then clicked on my bookmark for checking out Moon phases to see where the Moon might be that night...

Doh!    :iamwithstupid::icon_jokercolor:  :drunken_smilie:  :help:

I'm not bringing my big Dob ......... And you know why !

but Kerry it would allow you to go through the threshold to all those wonders of the sky.......hang on a minute.......I remember..........:0)

• Like 1

Lol, righto matey! Yea, be great to meet up again.

Hopefully Alan (rusty) is coming too, gonna be a blast!

It's more the weight I think Nick! Sure it will be ok............

Yeah, not sure if she'd agree to stay at home ;) :D

Edited by NickK

Yeah, not sure if she'd agree to stay at home ;)  :D

:D   :unsure:  :ph34r:  You realise this post can come up on google...........you are a brave man Nick..............a very brave man!!!  :icon_salut:

• Like 1

but Kerry it would allow you to go through the threshold to all those wonders of the sky.......hang on a minute.......I remember..........:0)

Yes - despite hiring an Eddie Stobard class motor- caravan that was the size of the average terraced house, the door was anorexic and would not accommodate Big Dob's girth - although 14" is probably not classed a big these days.

I did think about putting him on the front seat (perhaps with a smiley face and a hat to keep me company) but given the weather forecast, I didn't think that he would enjoy himself so I left him at home.

This year I'm looking for a smaller camper van with a bigger door  :smiley:

• Like 5

Booked Wed - Sun, but it'll be a much longer drive this year than last.......... :grin: :grin: . Let's hope no-one has to shout "I see a shiny" ( memories of SGL 9 )

See you all there,

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

Great to see that you have booked up.

You are welcome to come to my tent with your bags of Carling, Carlsbury and Heinkein.

Have you moved from Reading?

Cheers

Adrian