SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Grant

Hello Louise

On the 20th March there is a partial eclipse of the Sun - 87% in Herefordshire - so quite impressive.

We have the outreach event at Madley - the eclipse starts at 8.23am, maximum eclipse 9.29am and ends at 10.38am. The Education Officer at the MESC is also arranging for local school pupils to be in attendance. I know that pupils from  Fairfield High, Peterchurch are coming. SGL members are required back at Lucksall before it gets dark to stop light pollution from cars causing problems for SGL members who are not attending the outreach event.

There is a star party at Madley which is a public event - no charge - which will run on the same day between 6pm - 9pm - this is organised by the Herefordshire A.S.

Hi Mark, it seems that the cat has been let out of the bag here. Many thanks for being so helpful with your answers to my wife Louise. I am looking forward to attending the eclipse event in Madley, so lucky it is just down the road from us. Would you know of a way that I could find out about the availability if tents with electric hook-ups please? As I do not want to spend the money on the electricity if I am not going to be able to get it. As I plan on coming for around 3 - 4 days, I need to have the electricity if not, I don't think I would book. Would you know who I need to get in touch with to find out please?

many thanks

Steve

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve welcome to SGL.

I mentioned to Louise that the website is still open for camping with electric hook up. Grant and Daz (Admin - name in Blue) are organising the event at Lucksall whereas I have been asked to run the outreach event at Madley.

Grant published this setup on the 19th January and you see from the attached PDF there are quite a few places on the 'Hare' field. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/234693-sglx-pitch-allocation-update-19th-january-2015/

First Light Optics who are taking the funds on behalf of SGL are an extremely friendly and honest company - if you book you will not lose your money.

Look forward to meeting you and Louise if she comes along.

Steve welcome to SGL.

I mentioned to Louise that the website is still open for camping with electric hook up. Grant and Daz (Admin - name in Blue) are organising the event at Lucksall whereas I have been asked to run the outreach event at Madley.

Grant published this setup on the 19th January and you see from the attached PDF there are quite a few places on the 'Hare' field. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/234693-sglx-pitch-allocation-update-19th-january-2015/

First Light Optics who are taking the funds on behalf of SGL are an extremely friendly and honest company - if you book you will not lose your money.

Look forward to meeting you and Louise if she comes al

Many thanks, Tickets booked and cannot wait :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an updated Plan of who is where please? I have tried to look for it, but cannot seem to find an up to date file with my name on it so I know where I am going to be pitched.

Many thanks all

Steve

Steve I think Grant was going to finalise the pitch allocation fairly soon. When complete he will send me a copy because I usual say 'hello' to the early arrivals and offer information if required.

I know Grant wants to post some other information so I don't think you need to wait long for details of your pitch position.

Steve I think Grant was going to finalise the pitch allocation fairly soon. When complete he will send me a copy because I usual say 'hello' to the early arrivals and offer information if required.

I know Grant wants to post some other information so I don't think you need to wait long for details of your pitch position.

Brilliant!!! Many thanks Mark, very helpful as always :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mike - let me know if you intend going to the eclipse party at Madley and the BT Centre visit?

hi mark, i wont make the eclipse as im not coming untill the saturday :sad: i finish nights saturday morning then coming straight over. stopping saturday and sunday night

ah great...another big dob to whet my appetite :D

hi scott, mines only small :grin: but with brilliant sharp optics :smiley:

hi mark, i wont make the eclipse as im not coming untill the saturday :sad: i finish nights saturday morning then coming straight over. stopping saturday and sunday night

hi scott, mines only small :grin: but with brilliant sharp optics :smiley:

14" - small !!! :smiley:

Are you taking the 14" Mike? I thought you were bringing the new frac?

Cals only taking the telementor (short on space) and I'm only bringing the 4.5" RFT this year.

Dob mob my hiney, you're all girls !!! :p

get them big guns down there  :evil:

Are you taking the 14" Mike? I thought you were bringing the new frac?

Cals only taking the telementor (short on space) and I'm only bringing the 4.5" RFT this year.

hi steve, yes i am mate , have to do a first light report on it soon, when i bought it last week i was told the evostar 80 might disapoint and should go for the 120 ish but its great, m42 looked lovely last night not as good as the dob but for star parties ideal

Archived