Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Grant

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just booked (Wednesday through to Sunday) Really looking forward to meeting you all as this is my first outing to a stargazing event. I bumped into Sir Patrick at the last eclipse so have big hopes for this one.

As I am not really a tea and Jaffa Cake person, I will come armed with copious quantities of real ale, single malts and bacon sandwiches  :smiley:

Paul

Hi. I've only just joined the forum and therefore this event. I'd really like to come, but I'm unsure about my availability yet.

Would you recommend booking now before you reach capacity (if not already reached), or do you think it'll be ok to leave it another week or so?

Regards,

Tim

Hello Tim and welcome to SGL.

I understand we still have space at Lucksall but not on hard standing. So if you are bringing a tent you need to decide upon electricity or no electricity. Once you know your availability I would book your place.

The star party is a social event so all members whether beginners or experienced are welcome. This year the star party coincides with the solar eclipse and an outreach event has been organised to view it - hopefully it will be clear.

Any spaces left for camping? I've finally got local government permission and the FLO booking link doesn't seem to be working.

Looking for a small tent for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Hoping that I haven't missed the boat.

Paul

Hi all, looking to book tickets for husband. I have read through the t&c's and woul dlike to firstly know if there are no spaces left, how do I get my money back and secondly are there any pitches left for a tent with electricity?

Is there anyway for me to find out please?

Louise

Hi all, looking to book tickets for husband. I have read through the t&c's and woul dlike to firstly know if there are no spaces left, how do I get my money back and secondly are there any pitches left for a tent with electricity?

Is there anyway for me to find out please?

Louise

Hello Louise

Firstly welcome to SGL especially as a fellow Herefordian.

I am sure that there is still places available for camping - both with an without electricity. Booking is done through the First Light Optics website and if the Lucksall site was full this link would not be running. Link - http://www.firstlightoptics.com/sgl10-booking/sglx-pitch-booking.html

In addition to the star party at Lucksall we are organising an outreach event at Madley next to the BT Satellite Station. This outreach event is being organised in consultation with the Madley Environmental Study Centre and Herefordshire Astronomical Society.

Do you live far from Mordiford/Fownhope? 

Hello Louise

I am sure that there is still places available for camping - both with an without electricity. Booking is done through the First Light Optics website and if the Lucksall site was full this link would not be running. Link - http://www.firstlightoptics.com/sgl10-booking/sglx-pitch-booking.html

In addition to the star party at Lucksall we are organising an outreach event at Madley next to the BT Satellite Station. This outreach event is being organised in consultation with the Madley Environmental Study Centre and Herefordshire Astronomical Society.

Hi Mark, we do not live too far from Peterchurch, so not too far away at all. Please could I ask when the star party is in Madley please? I know he has been looking for something locally for a long time now. Thanks for your help re: booking tickets, I just know he likes his creature comforts and would probably not attend if there was no electric hook up for his tent. I will book now then. 

many thanks

louise

Hi Mark, we do not live too far from Peterchurch, so not too far away at all. Please could I ask when the star party is in Madley please? I know he has been looking for something locally for a long time now. Thanks for your help re: booking tickets, I just know he likes his creature comforts and would probably not attend if there was no electric hook up for his tent. I will book now then. 

many thanks

louise

Hello Louise

Hi mark, sorry about bothering you again, would he have to be a member of the Herefordshire Astro Society to attend do you think?

I need to tell him about the Society and Madley. Maybe I will suggest he starts looking. :) :) :) Thanks again

Louise

Hello Louise

On the 20th March there is a partial eclipse of the Sun - 87% in Herefordshire - so quite impressive.

We have the outreach event at Madley - the eclipse starts at 8.23am, maximum eclipse 9.29am and ends at 10.38am. The Education Officer at the MESC is also arranging for local school pupils to be in attendance. I know that pupils from  Fairfield High, Peterchurch are coming. SGL members are required back at Lucksall before it gets dark to stop light pollution from cars causing problems for SGL members who are not attending the outreach event.

There is a star party at Madley which is a public event - no charge - which will run on the same day between 6pm - 9pm - this is organised by the Herefordshire A.S.

Hello Louise

On the 20th March there is a partial eclipse of the Sun - 87% in Herefordshire - so quite impressive.

We have the outreach event at Madley - the eclipse starts at 8.23am, maximum eclipse 9.29am and ends at 10.38am. The Education Officer at the MESC is also arranging for local school pupils to be in attendance. I know that pupils from  Fairfield High, Peterchurch are coming. SGL members are required back at Lucksall before it gets dark to stop light pollution from cars causing problems for SGL members who are not attending the outreach event.

There is a star party at Madley which is a public event - no charge - which will run on the same day between 6pm - 9pm - this is organised by the Herefordshire A.S.

Brilliant!!!

many thanks Mark. You have been so helpful with all your advice, I will mention to him about joining the Herefordshire Astro Society and tell him about the event in March for the eclipse too.

I know he has tried to get people interested in the Golden valley area in astronomy, but interest does seem a little low on the ground which is a shame as there amazing skies here on the hills.

Thanks again

louise

Many thanks.  

Archived