Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Grant

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

i booked yesterday any ideas where im likely to end up :)

Buzzard 50 but there is spaces if you have a different preference.

What is this, SGLX?

It is an annual star party organised by the administrators of this forum. Next year is the 10th - hence the X. It is held at Lucksall caravan and camping park near Hereford. Next year's dates have been timed to include the partial solar eclipse in March. Booking is available on FLO's website but has been open for a couple of weeks or so.

That's a brief intro but you can get more detail by searching this site or asking more questions.

Hope that helps

Kerry

Not going to be able to make this one as I shall be on holiday.

Carole 

Looks like I missed out this time :-(

Tickets are still on sale - just hard standings that have now gone, is it a hard standing you were after?

• Like 1

Get your name on the reserve list Tich, it wont be the same without you.

I'm sure your outfit classifies for grass.

Looks like I missed out this time :-(

Oh no :(

It won't be the same without you and the burger van mate.

• Like 4

Tickets are still on sale - just hard standings that have now gone, is it a hard standing you were after?

Yeah Grant its hardstanding I'm looking for as I'm in my folding caravan, although at only 650 KG's its lighter than a lot of folding campers so not sure if it would be ok to pitch on the grass?

The only downside would be having to move it after 4 days due to the daft design lol.

Edited by tich

Tich - I might've found a solution by doing a little juggling - PM sent :)

• Like 2

Thanks Grant I managed to get booked this morning, feel free to come round to the burger van for a beer or two.  :grin:

Burgers are off the menu though!! :p

• Like 6

Thanks Grant I managed to get booked this morning, feel free to come round to the burger van for a beer or two.  :grin:

Burgers are off the menu though!! :p

get in !

• Like 1

I'm booked up now, I need to get my ass in gear and get back into this astro lark. I need a good push me thinks and this might be it  :smiley:

Grant is there a reseve list yet, I have not been able to find a hardstanding for my caravan, my partner was so looking forward to this it will be just her 3rd starparty.

Steve

Grant is there a reseve list yet, I have not been able to find a hardstanding for my caravan, my partner was so looking forward to this it will be just her 3rd starparty.

Steve

You just started it :)

I'm trying to see if there are some more hard standing pitches available from Lucksall, if there are I will let you know and you are top of the list :)

Still plenty of tent pitches with or without electric.

Cheers,

Grant

I can not see any of the SGL10 sections using Tapatalk on my phone. I can see the SGL star parties section, but it only goes up to SGL8.

Is there a reason SGL9 and 10 are not available from mobile devises?

I can not see any of the SGL10 sections using Tapatalk on my phone. I can see the SGL star parties section, but it only goes up to SGL8.

Is there a reason SGL9 and 10 are not available from mobile devises?

Works OK in Tapatalk for me - SGL10 is right at the stop of the SGL Star Parties forum...

Works OK in Tapatalk for me - SGL10 is right at the stop of the SGL Star Parties forum...

It only goes up to SGL8 for me Grant??? My I should try and download the latest version of the App and see if that cures it.

Turns out, I'm a muppet!!!

I had missed the Laurels section so we do have 8 more hard standing pitches available so if you were wanting a hard standing pitch - please feel free to book :)

Who's a silly billy then. Looks like you'll be on tea and bikkies duty for  arrivals. :rolleyes:  :grin:

• Like 1

Hi Grant, have you done an updated pitch allocation plan yet ? so I can have a nose to see whose where. :)

Dave

This might sound like a stupid question but I thought it was best to ask then find out on the date. Is it a motorcycle friendly campsite? I only ask because I know there are quite a few campsites that don't allow bikes on site, just gives me time to arrange a lift if bikes are not allowed.

There isn't anything in their literature to say otherwise. Unless it's a very big noisy hog type thingy I can't see why not.

Here is their web site www.lucksallpark.co.uk if you need any further info.

I'm sure they are allowed because one started up beside my son last year and made him jump half way across the site [emoji38]