Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Grant

Might seem a strange question but are the EHU standard 240v?

Yes it's standard 240v as in voltage but it's not a normal home type plug.

You'll need something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004DV6UXS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=9790810539&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=198YE3769AJRHAVCDT94 if you want to plug something in.

Depending on pitch it's maximum 16A as well, so no electric kettles :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks and how about the availability of food?

I wouldn't know the opening times until I get there.

Obviously I wouldn't rely on it as my only source of food. I'd bring plenty of snacks etc.. and I trust you have access to a vehicle in case you need to pop to the shops?

There's a small shop on site that sells essentials.

Yes it's standard 240v as in voltage but it's not a normal home type plug.

You'll need something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004DV6UXS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=9790810539&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=198YE3769AJRHAVCDT94 if you want to plug something in.

kettle will be fine at 16 amp simon, max rating in a 3pin plug top is 13 amp :smiley:

Imagers, please bear that in mind.

I made the mistake of trying to run too much on a very cold night. I had the heater on, laptop and all the imaging gear running, but then had the daft idea of putting another heater on to heat a friends tent. Doh! The safety got tripped an everything went off - including the telescope, which cost me about half an hour to put right.  Lesson learnt ...

Imagers, please bear that in mind.

I made the mistake of trying to run too much on a very cold night. I had the heater on, laptop and all the imaging gear running, but then had the daft idea of putting another heater on to heat a friends tent. Doh! The safety got tripped an everything went off - including the telescope, which cost me about half an hour to put right.  Lesson learnt ...

Use a 240V computer UPS for the scope and computer.. that way you'll have 5-10 minutes to sort out the power :)

One of the funny things is that you could put a car battery in parallel with the 12V line (with required fuses).. that way you'd have a battery backup too.

Unfortunately I'm out too as I will be moving home instead,  priorities and all that.  I will remain a Star Party Virgin for a while longer. 

Good thing is it means I can have an immediate clear out of my gear and plan for my new improved observing site at my new home. A 102 APO is beckoning me....

Have a good one folks, I am sure we will meet up at some point. 

Paul 

Archived