Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Grant

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm there from Thurs lunchtime until Sunday, assuming that the Caravan has survived another winter without leaking - it's on borrowed time I reckon :rolleyes2:

There was some talk a page or two back in this thread on how dark the skies were at Lucksall. They are probably not as dark as the purists would like but the Horsehead Nebula was seen the year before last with Luke's 16" dob so they can't be too bad. A few years back Mark (at Beaufort) and I just had 6" scopes there but we had a ball one night just hopping around dimmish galaxies. I think we went down to mid 12th mag that night which is not bad with 6" scopes. Stuff like M82 looked somewhat better with the 6 inchers than it was doing at home with my 10" back then. So a fair amount of dark sky fun can be had :smiley:

Just booked Sat + Sunday night and hog roast.

There's a first time for everything and I'm looking forward to it.

Need to get a tent plus a few bits.

Biggest decision is Lagavulin or Glenlivet? followed by APO or CPC?

See you all there.

Might seem a strange question but are the EHU standard 240v?

At the moment I don't have any cooking gear - what's the café like and when does it open etc as that might be my only source of food.

Archived