Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

Grant

SGLX Tickets on Sale Now!

Will there be a TV to watch the cricket on (or Stargazing Live) if it is cloudy?

Will there be a TV to watch the cricket on (or Stargazing Live) if it is cloudy?

There is a TV in the on site cafe.

• Like 1

Mine's sorted - arriving Thursday leaving on Sunday :)

Got satellite TV in the camper van if anyones desperate, don't usually bother setting it up if my wifes not with me :)

Dave

I'm there from Thurs lunchtime until Sunday, assuming that the Caravan has survived another winter without leaking - it's on borrowed time I reckon :rolleyes2:

There was some talk a page or two back in this thread on how dark the skies were at Lucksall. They are probably not as dark as the purists would like but the Horsehead Nebula was seen the year before last with Luke's 16" dob so they can't be too bad. A few years back Mark (at Beaufort) and I just had 6" scopes there but we had a ball one night just hopping around dimmish galaxies. I think we went down to mid 12th mag that night which is not bad with 6" scopes. Stuff like M82 looked somewhat better with the 6 inchers than it was doing at home with my 10" back then. So a fair amount of dark sky fun can be had :smiley:

• Like 4

sounds great john, just looking foward to meeting all the people that i no on here, at last :smiley:

• Like 4

I have just booked for Thursday & Friday night :laugh: I would have liked to stay for the duration but at least I will get to meet some of you, which I must say I am looking forward to.

• Like 5

I'm going Thursday - Sunday. Looking forward to it, whatever the weather it's a great social event.

• Like 2

I have just booked for Thursday & Friday night :laugh: I would have liked to stay for the duration but at least I will get to meet some of you, which I must say I am looking forward to.

WouldNt be too sure about that :p Edited by Daniel-K

Looking forward to seeing everyone  - I will be there for the duration i.e. Wed to Monday morning. When I leave I must remember to put the campervans's handbrake on this year and not provide cabaret for those having breakfast  :laugh:

• Like 1

I won't be there this year but I hope its a good one.

Clear skies folks.

It's a real shame you can't be there Ian- I enjoyed our chats last year- but there's always another time

Hmm mirrors & glass vs. balls, drones and projectiles.. folks - please be sensible and insured :)

Now sorted, three nights arriving Thursday.

Heh... no tent to bring this time, so its a case of arrive, put me stuff in the pod, stick the kettle on :D

• Like 2

I am bringing my 16" dob, pst mod, and 120mm ed all in my little daewoo lanos!!

• Like 3

Just booked Sat + Sunday night and hog roast.

There's a first time for everything and I'm looking forward to it.

Need to get a tent plus a few bits.

Biggest decision is Lagavulin or Glenlivet? followed by APO or CPC?

See you all there.

Might seem a strange question but are the EHU standard 240v?

At the moment I don't have any cooking gear - what's the café like and when does it open etc as that might be my only source of food.