SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A sky full of stars in this 6 pane mosaic taken from Galloway Starcamp at Drumroamin Farm Campsite near Kirkinner on the Solway coast, bitterly cold with very strong winds blowing.

In this image planet Jupiter rises in the east within the zodiacal constellation Leo ahead of the back-to-front question mark asterism that is the sickle of Leo.

Cars on the A75 in the distance across the bay leave a trail of broken yellow lights along the coast road in this long exposure image while low cloud shrouds the summit of Cairnharrow.

Canon 60Da 

Nikon 50mm AIS lens at f5.6

Exp 300secs per 6 panes of this mosaic

iso 1600

PT Lens & PSCS6

18th/19th November 2014

Hi mike,

New you would get a nice image out there. I just wish my eyes could see what a CCD sees at times. I also see you are now onto a two battery trip. Glad you both got home OK. Regards

Derek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for positive feedback ...I processed this in a rush and as a result processed in the wrong colour space so when posted overall came out a little too dark... note to self ....don't try to process when tired!

Derek, thanks yes safely home, car now in garage, thankfully alternator is fine ...just the belt had been slipping, the timing belt is also now being done so hopefully get the van back soon and can enjoy some remote imaging without fear of a one way trip. :smiley:

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for positive feedback ...I processed this in a rush and as a result processed in the wrong colour space so when posted overall came out a little too dark... note to self ....don't try to process when tired!

Derek, thanks yes safely home, car now in garage, thankfully alternator is fine ...just the belt had been slipping, the timing belt is also now being done so hopefully get the van back soon and can enjoy some remote imaging without fear of a one way trip. :smiley:

Mike

Glad it was a cheaper job. Hope you and Elise had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year to you both :p

Derek

Archived