SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Old data - new methods: Pelican + NAN (Cannistra)

Uranium235

Ahhh.... nothing to do (been cloudy for ages), so I thought I would have a tinker with some old data and try to get to grips with a modifed Cannistra bicolour method.

I think Im getting pretty close to having a set routine in order to arrive at the same colour scheme each time, but there is still an element of fiddling involved. If it clears up (ha!), I wouldnt mind having a go at another pane below the Pelican - its an interesting area.

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

15286310014_fca81ea5c6_b.jpg

That looks great Rob.

What is the modification to the technique? As you say, the blue looks excellent and not the normal noisy result of chronic overstretching.

Its basically the usual Cannistra method, plus selective colour to shift the blue, and reduce the red. I then built the image up by adding lum to colour in stages (increasing saturation at each step). I've tried it on other old projects,  but it seems to work best when there is a fairly decent OIII signal to start off with.

Its basically the usual Cannistra method, plus selective colour to shift the blue, and reduce the red. I then built the image up by adding lum to colour in stages (increasing saturation at each step). I've tried it on other old projects,  but it seems to work best when there is a fairly decent OIII signal to start off with.

Cheers Rob. You have it working very well. With all this cloud, I think I will be resorting to reprocessing old projects as well very soon...

Archived