Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Buying in the US

Bart

Hello all

I'm off to New York City later in week as my better half and I have made it to the 20 year mark married and we said we'd do something nice to mark it. There are a couple of astro shops in Manhattan. If I just happen to find myself wandering down those particular streets, ahem, I wondered is there anything particularly of good value to pick up over there? Any advice welcome. I should point out that I probably don't NEED anything, but you know......

Thanks for any input

Barry

Barry

If I recall ES have a sale on their eyepieces at this time, so if you have any of theirs and there is an unexpected gap in your present selection that you had not realised then it might be an oppertunity to rectify this unfortunate oversight. :eek: :eek:

Don't forget to return via the Red channel and declare the items when you return. :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is probably in the SGL conditions that you are made aware of this. (why is there no smiley called dying with laughter?)

If you REALLY want to spend money delay the visit until Feburary and visit NEAF, however that would mean you likely will not make 21 years.

Celestron gear is far cheaper over there than in Europe, that doesn't narrow it down much I'm afraid.

Just be wary of anything that has a mains supply, they run on 110V over there so unless the PSU is ok to run on 240V as well you will blow it up if you plug it in in Europe.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

I have bought a few astro bits and bobs during some of my visits to the USA. Generally with UK import duty and shipping it works out that we pay in pounds the same numerical value as the Americans pay in dollars, so with the exchange rate it works out much cheaper to by stuff over there.

Archived