Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got here an hour ago. CPC now set up under a very clear sky with good seeing.

I think Titch and I might be on the Talisker soon :-)

I'm on Kingfisher 4 if anyone wants a peak through the CPC and Ethos 21mm ;-)

I just got here an hour ago. CPC now set up under a very clear sky with good seeing.

I think Titch and I might be on the Talisker soon :-)

I'm on Kingfisher 4 if anyone wants a peak through the CPC and Ethos 21mm ;-)

I might want to check if the views through the talisker are as bad as I remenber them.

Final packing and battery charging tonight ready for the off tomorrow. I should be there around lunch time. I know what astro & camera kit I'm bringing but still haven't decided on the whisky. Think it may be Highland Park.

I do wish Thursday would hurry up.................

Hello Steve

Are you bring your big gazebo this year, if so please give Kev and a shout in case we have to hold the beggar down to stop it from blowing away again?

Looking forward to meeting everyone again this year!

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

Hello Steve Are you bring your big gazebo this year, if so please give Kev and a shout in case we have to hold the beggar down to stop it from blowing away again? Looking forward to meeting everyone again this year! Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

Nah mate. The had its last rights at the end of SGL IX. Gotta new one now. Tell a lie that was scrap too so I'm on MKIII now :D

See you there :)

tich has been at for hours - I expect a Hubble style image of the triplet at the very least!

My big aperture kit fogged up rather quickly tonight so I popped out a couple of smaller scopes and got a good view of Saturn.

Zebedee says it's time for bed...

The seeing here is great for Jupiter but a bit milky for DSO's at the moment. Hope there is a bit more transparency at Lucksall.

Yep the skies here are milky as well but I did manage to bag eight new NGCs so chuffed to bits :-) As for tich I think he is still out there now collecting data!!!

Monday = wet, rain all day.

Tuesday = cloudy, warm with sun and clearish from 4 pm onwards. Heavy moisture visible later and it fogged out and by 4am it was total except straight up - torches like starwars!
Wed = cold morning, still misty.
So got polar aligned, got some imaging done - but have a my own software issue :/

Well, my new tent poles have arrived with a day to spare!

Isn't it nice when a company over delivers in all ways? Their terms were 5 to 7 days to process an order and sent by 48 hr Parcelforce, so I gently asked if there was anything they could do to hurry it along.

The chap said he would prioritise the deliver for dispatch the next day, and it arrived today by 24hr service. Not only that but having ordered the three main poles, I received a complete set including the bag! Very happy [emoji3]

Just been doing some testing out to finalise what solar kit I'm bringing. It looks like my new mount won't arrive and I've sold the old one so I'm sticking with the Giro-WR/EQ6 combo, nice and portable anyway.

I've decided on the 106mm EDT for the Quark and the TV85 for the wedge. The Giro copes perfectly with these, plus the guidescope adjustment plate helps balance things up and allows perfect alignment.

20192e6165d713d7370b1a369710a90b.jpg

64f3761fb4836a5bd64644cc5e0a7a5e.jpg

Not long now, can leave tomorrow as soon as I'm ready, should be there late afternoon.

I've just been out to see how high the sun is at 8:30 and to me it looks high enough to be above the big hill by Lucksall. Can anyone on the site already confirm if it's visible yet?

I didn't get up until after 9 but the Sun was well above the hill by then so I reckon almost all of the transit will be visible if you have a cloud piercing telescope :smile:

I didn't get up until after 9 but the Sun was well above the hill by then so I reckon almost all of the transit will be visible if you have a cloud piercing telescope :smile:

As someone who likes a lie in thats good news :smiley:

The "Clear Outside" forcast for Hereford on Friday AM looks promising at the moment. I'll probably regret posting that though :rolleyes2:

The "Clear Outside" forcast for Hereford on Friday AM looks promising at the moment. I'll probably regret posting that though :rolleyes2:

Don't worry John I'm sure no one will remind you of that come Friday..........if it's clear ;)

Archived