Narrowband

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are dogs allowed to attend SGLX?

If so, are there any special restrictions?

Yes Dogs are welcome; Lucksall camp site has some rules about dogs as follows;  

This is from the Lucksall website - Well behaved dogs are also welcome Dogs MUST be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the park, exercised in the area provided and not allowed to foul the park.

Yes Dogs are welcome; Lucksall camp site has some rules about dogs as follows;  

This is from the Lucksall website - Well behaved dogs are also welcome Dogs MUST be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the park, exercised in the area provided and not allowed to foul the park.

Thanks.

We just rescued a three year old black Lab who is very friendly but also very excited about life so he has some training to do before he will qualify for those rules :lol:  Hopefully there is enough time to get him sorted.

Dont want to worry all the long term members here, but I`ll probably be there this year, if only to deliver some "soon-to-up-for-sale" astro kit, and a few boxes of bits and pieces to sell/give away.

(Yes, mods/admins, it really is me... no, my account hasnt been hacked!)

I really missed not being able to get along for SGL9.

Im not going to be camping for SGL10 unfortunately, (still not recovered healthwise enough to do early star parties again just yet) but I would love to pop in on the Saturday to say hello, would that be OK?

@ DRT, that rules out our 3 bonkers setters!

:lol: Having now had Monty for nearly two weeks I suspect he could give three bonkers setters a run for their money. Yesterday he spent half an hour trying to eat the window cleaner's brush through the glass. I think the lad needs therapy!

I really missed not being able to get along for SGL9.

Im not going to be camping for SGL10 unfortunately, (still not recovered healthwise enough to do early star parties again just yet) but I would love to pop in on the Saturday to say hello, would that be OK?

Phil - It will be nice to see you again. Pity you can't make the Eclipse Party on Friday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Solar film and glasses have been ordered :)

May have to wait for the film (surprise, all have sold out!), but hopefully should get it well before the event.

I will bring half an A4 sheet of film if you need it. (it may be about 3/4 of a sheet, I'd have to measure it)

Solar film and glasses have been ordered :)

May have to wait for the film (surprise, all have sold out!), but hopefully should get it well before the event.

I've got an astrozap solar filter for an ED80 somehwere in my kit Rob. I've also got one for my 127 Mak which I'll probably use alongside the Lunt. 

You can borrow the ED80 one if you're not sorted beforehand.

Two things I'm considering pulling the trigger on:

1. ND 3.8 film for running my scope at f32 to f64.. only thing will it work with a perzval scope for lower focal lengths. I have a solar white light filter but it's getting a bit old and it's ND5 I think.

2. New laptop 1TB hard drive for photo storage as all my HDs seem to have something or other on!

I've got an astrozap solar filter for an ED80 somehwere in my kit Rob. I've also got one for my 127 Mak which I'll probably use alongside the Lunt. 

You can borrow the ED80 one if you're not sorted beforehand.

Thanks mate :)

Im sure auntie FLO will come up with the goods sometime this week (fingers crossed!). But just to get prepared, im going to start making the holder tonight  for the solar film (got a load of card I can turn into strips).

Whehey I've booked for Friday and Saturday nights :grin:  :grin: Got a POD. I know its not on the main field but this will allow me to get to SGL, I really missed it last year, just wasn't fit enough for cold weather starparties and it was debatable this year but the POD will help.

Archived