Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Skies

philhas

I have to say the Met Office has got the forecast spot on today, nice clear skies from lunchtime and forecast to last till at least 8 pm. Strange as clearoutside.com has shown the complete opposite yet I thought they used aggregates from the Met Office as well as others.

I hve found 'clearoutside' to be quite irregular when it comes to forecasting the weather in my area of Spain. Not sure if it would be any good for the UK, but I find Meteoblue a lot more accurate and reliable source; it even has a astronomy sky forecast which is often very handy.

Nothing but cloud and rain down here been like it for weeks  :mad:

It has been really bad up here Robbie, 3 to 4 weeks of cloud and rain but today it cleared and nice and clear outside with the odd bit of high cloud floating by. Had a nice view of M45 and Orion is just peeping up above my fence!

Chucking it down here, there's been a lot of surface water on the roads and my patio has been a couple of inches deep. BBC weather from the met office says clear from about 8 o/c tonight, and clear tomorrow night.

However they also say humidity in the range 89-95+% so I don't know. I really want to get more data on Pacman, so we'll see.

Chucking it down here, there's been a lot of surface water on the roads and my patio has been a couple of inches deep. BBC weather from the met office says clear from about 8 o/c tonight, and clear tomorrow night.

However they also say humidity in the range 89-95+% so I don't know. I really want to get more data on Pacman, so we'll see.

If its clear,im out,cant worry about humidity,its so rare for an all nighter.

Mick.

Hey. Its 2am and its crystal clear. 8-). Ufortunately of course its monday tomorrow and i have 2x3h drives ahead if me in the day. 8-(

Mind u its cold nclear, the cata r in (mainly) n r curled up in tight little balls. Boris (my cat better half) is outside stargazing. He sits looking up at stars. !

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

It was perfectly clear in all directions last night at 9pm on my way back home from the train station I stopped and had a good look at the constellations and tried to make out out M31 but either my eyes were not properly dark adapted or there was still too much light pollution... :p   Still it was the clearest night i've seen for quite some time!    Unfortunately, however I was just too tired to get the scope out after a rather long journey / day... :(

Archived