SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from Germany

Farnsworth

Hi everyone,

I've read in the forum for a few months now and I found it really nice and helpful. Especially in completing my eyepiece case you helped me a lot, so I hope to contribute a little for the future.

I preferably observe visually with an 8 inch f/6 dobsonian. Unfortunately I mostly have to observe from my backyard with quite a bit of light pollution. However, from time to time I get to a really dark site in the mountains some 20 kilometre away to do "serious" deep sky observing.

During the past weeks it permanently was either foggy or cloudy and I wasn't able to test my newly purchased overview-eyepiece at all,  no surprise :rolleyes: . Today it doesn't look that bad though - so please keep your fingers crossed :grin:

Clear Skies

Yasin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Yasin and welcome to SGL, must be really nice to have good dark skies in the mountains, for that occasional trip, just 20K from where you live, I have to travel much further than that and I doubt the skies are anywhere near as dark as yours, enjoy :)

Thanks for your replies :smiley:

Well, the mountain range I meant is the "Eifel" in western Germany. Since the mountains there usually don't exceed 500 metres above sea level, the term "mountains" might be misleading :grin:

However, it's a quite remote and dark site.

CS

Yasin

Archived