Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

ollypenrice

In the wake of the Pleiades...

A very easy click of the 'like' button!

I remember seeing this the last time it was added to and it continues to impress. The wispy patch centre right is as sharp as a terrestial image - amazing!

Olly, you are simply rubbing our noses in it here in the UK when you go on about 6+ hours of imaging in a night...... :embarassed:

A very easy click of the 'like' button!

I remember seeing this the last time it was added to and it continues to impress. The wispy patch centre right is as sharp as a terrestial image - amazing!

Olly, you are simply rubbing our noses in it here in the UK when you go on about 6+ hours of imaging in a night...... :embarassed:

Honesty compels me to admit that this dark time has been very disappointing. Remember that we have our own time machine here so 6+ hours doesn't take 6+ hours!

:grin: lly

Tandem-S.jpg

• Like 7

Superb Olly (again), looking around there's hardly any stars that don't have some nebulosity around them - superb stuff

Gollymoses....lovely photograph! Jaw-on-floor stuff...Congratulations. I don't recall ever seeing (or perhaps noticing) those wisps and trails before in pics I've seen of the Sisters.

My new desktop wallpaper!

Great picture Olly - and envious of that time machine - I would go spending but beginning to think its my purchases that bring cloud as each time I go shopping we have 2 weeks of cloud!

Paddy

Superb image :)

I get a sense of it moving 'up'. Like an arrow head with the dust curling under the barbs and being drawn back into the centre. Almost 'mushroom cloudy' if you know what I mean.

It's seeing photographs like that that make me consider taking up knitting instead ..................  beautiful, elegant, technically brilliant and I rarely use this word ....... awesome.

• Like 1

I get a sense of  spiral motion Olly, an interpretation others may, or may not see, as the case may be.

That aside, you have a cracking result here.

Ron.

Gav does have a point about 'rubbing our noses in it'. Then you go and post a picture of your rig. We'll have no noses left at this rate!

Cracking image as always.

I've just imaged this myself. Processing is a nightmare. I'm struggling to get the dusty stuff through without the seven sister going crazy.

Gav does have a point about 'rubbing our noses in it'. Then you go and post a picture of your rig. We'll have no noses left at this rate!

Cracking image as always.

I've just imaged this myself. Processing is a nightmare. I'm struggling to get the dusty stuff through without the seven sister going crazy.

Layers! You need a hard stretch for the faint stuff and softer stretches for the bright stellar cores. I still feel I could get mine better in this respect and will chip away at it.

Olly

• Like 3

Excellent Olly.

The wispy patch centre right is as sharp as a terrestial image - amazing!

Couldn't agree more, I don't recall seeing this feature so sharply defined before.  It really adds to the dynamic feel.

Barry

Gav and Barry, I'm glad you like this bit. Thanks. This is the part twhich really inspires me.

Olly

Brilliant Olly. I always act like a kid in a sweet shop and go off to other objects after an hour or two but I can see patience and additional data pays off. Great stuff. Trevor

Never seen such detail before, Olly, fantastic!!

Fay 

Eek, the past!!!  :eek: 

That image has contributed to the present one. It's one of several that are in there.

I now realize that short exposures are not really needed and that, in fact, a very soft stretch of the linear data usually has all that you need. I also take careful note of Maurice Toet's ideas, still,  because he knows what he's doing...

Olly

• Like 1

Just come in from setting up my modest "rig" to spend an hour on the same subject. Feel like going out again and switching it off............ :crybaby2:

Beautiful image Olly.