Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Call Out For Astronomers Peel Region WA

Aussie Dave

I've searched for some time over the years for astronomy groups in my area with no success. It would be great to meet up with like minded astronomers in the Peel Region Western Australia who would like to get together for a nights viewing occassionally.

So this call goes out to anyone that's wanting to arrange a night's viewing, find suitable and safe locations to share their experiences, information and have a fun night with our telescopescopes.

I'm no expert, far from it so don't feel you need to know anything about astronomy or your telescope.

If anyone's close by and thinks they would be interested, please let me know in this thread.

Thanks.

Aussie Dave.

Thanks Ronin for the heads up. Trying to get a group going in my area if possible.

With the one you mentioned, there's a few others to go to but from where I am they're all a bit of a drive away. There's Bikley Obervatory, Western Australia's oldest observatory in the Stirling Range. Gingin Obseravtory which is the furthest. Bunbury Obserbatory which is the closest, about an hours drive south along the freeway. Plus there's a couple of universities, Curtin Universtity and The University of Western Australia. There may even be a couple more. They all have public open days and various events throughout the year. There are groups around these areas but none where I am.

The Peel Region really needs an astronomy group for starters. I know you're all out there :smiley:

Archived