Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some drawings.

paul t

Hi folks, thought I'd submit a few of my old drawings. All my observations were made through my 12.4" f5 Newtonian reflector using my 15mm W/F eyepiece at a magnification of X100.

Messier 51

image.jpg

Messier 81 showing supernova 93. The supernova is the star to the upper right of the galactic disc

image.jpg

NGC 4485~90

image.jpg

Comet Hyakutake

image.jpg

Very, very nice work! I'm wondering, did you do these in black on white, and then add the colour electronically (what I would do,) or did you draw on black paper?

Really nice work! :lol: I thought I might have a go at M42, soon. I could almost draw it from memory by now.

Very, very nice work! I'm wondering, did you do these in black on white, and then add the colour electronically (what I would do,) or did you draw on black paper?

Really nice work! :lol: I thought I might have a go at M42, soon. I could almost draw it from memory by now.

Hi and many thanks for you kind comments Warthog. To answer your question I do all my drawing on an observing sheet I knocked up of which I have posted a copy please feel free to use. I use a very soft pencil like a 6B and cotton buds to blend and soften the the image. Once I am happy with the results I simply scan and revert the colours and hey presto! As for your plans to draw M42 well that is a project I have planed too so go for it friend and we can compair images after.....Good luck and clear sky's my friend...

image.jpg

Hi Caz hows it all going. I don't know if the sheet can be copied of this page but if it can please feel free and give it a go. I will look forward to seeing your results soon :toothy2: I will gladly e-mail you a copy if you want.

I've yet to try and sketch from the ep, that must take a certain amount of skill to do just that.... :?

A lot easier when you get your motors I would have thought esp having seen what you have done already Caz. I know all I would end up with is some random graphite smudges :lol:

At first I didn't understand why people did drawings but I do now. I guess that the longer you peer at and study something the more you make out and appreciate what you are observing. Drawing must enhance that experience enormously. Must make sure that when I get my new GPS goto scope I don't get into a Messier frenzy but take things at a more studied pace. Your drawings are very inspiring Paul.

A poor life this if, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare...

Martin

Archived