My first solar anim

Luke

I've enjoyed seeing some solar animations here on SGL recently, so I thought I would get around to trying one. I thought I didn't have the patience for solar anim, but the capture was not too bad! I used a manual mount for this one, which kept me on my toes as I had to hurry up and "reset" the position before the gap got too long! Any tips on solar anim greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking, Luke

15805965975_1451eca88e_o.gif

---

10th November, 2014

Tele Vue 60mm, Quark Chomosphere, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) video camera, 0.5x reducer

Great animation, love that burst of activity on the surface. Whats the time scale of it?. I was looking at a solar tracker for this kinda stuff so i dont sit there re adjusting all the time but 500 squids alit for my laziness

Thanks, all!

Beginner's luck I think if it's come out okay. I was lucky there was a fair bit going on, I was happy to see a flare appear during the sequence :) (black on the inverted disc)

I just shot with my regular settings with my 60mm untracked, which with my setup is 1400 frames (about 45 seconds) per capture. The time scale was about 40 minutes, with 23 captures. So I think there was about a one minute interval between shots.

I tried using the cool free imgalt to auto align the frames but no joy, so I manually aligned them (the long bit!), and then ran them through imgalt again, not too sure if that changed things much, but it couldn't hurt I figured.

Archived