The AR Formerly Known as 12192

Luke

Was very happy to catch a view in white light yesterday, to see the return of the mega spot from a few weeks ago now that it's gone all the way round and come back into view. It's not quite as mega, but hey, it's made it back, with a nice big penumbra. The seeing was poor, I don't think I have ever downsized a full disc white light taken with my 60mm before (!) but just happy to see it back :) Good luck everyone getting some sun over the weekend!

15172338953_ac79501217_o.jpg

15606658427_ca09097c2d_o.jpg

---
14th November, 2014
Tele Vue 60, Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge, 1.6x Barlow, Solar Continuum filter, UV/IR cut filter, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) camera

Thanks, all!

Iain, the Quark can be a bit consuming! :D My white light dipped while I played around with the shiny new Quark.

Good question, Alan, I wish I'd taken my solar glasses with me to check.

Shaun, any luck? Zilch here today, for a moment I thought a little patch was going to give a brief view, but it seemed to disappear!

Pete, I am thinking I am probably due a blank weekend after a few close shaves in recent weeks! Hope you get some luck, the direction on the clouds seems a little hard to call at the moment so maybe we can get lucky, you never know with our insane weather!

David, hope you get a break soon, I got two views during the week I think so I guess I can hold out for a few more days, though I sure would like to catch some flares in the big AR!

Excellent pics Luke :) :) :)

I think I am going to miss it second time round as well, these big spots seem to create thick grey clouds over my house :( I've probably gone past the last date to see the sun as well, but as I haven't seen the Sun for ages so I can't really see where it is in the garden.

Alexandra

Thanks, Alexandra!

Hope you get a view in. I'm still sore about missing the big lift off, especially as we were near the edge and the gear was all good to go. The timing was right slap bang in my imaging slot! I need to mount the scope on the car and drive to where the clear is next time :grin:

Archived