SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Computer for ayo mount

Bender

I received my Aok Ayo Mark ii with build in DSC yesterday :)

I didn't order an Argo Navis, as I was hoping that I can somehow use my iPhone with an app (currently installed sky safari +)

With all the possibilities smart phones offer these days, does it makes sense for the hand full of objects I would be trying to find each month to splash out on an Argo Navis.

What would be my option either involving my iPhone or something totally different.

post-6357-141598614312_thumb.jpg

Its "just" a Ayo Mark II, but the principle is the same. The Vixen clamp is fixed (the mechanism is quite nice as well) , you can buy a Losmandy or Vixen clamp to fix on the other side.

Having said that, there was a pic on CN from a guy who had 2 Losmandy clamps, I am sure Beat from AOK can give you whatever you need. That's the beauty with small companies like Ayo or Berlebach.

Ah, I see now, one side has the Vixen built in and the other you can fit different clamps to, is that right?

Does the extra 'base' come as standard? I remember from the one I bought from you before that it is useful to give a bit more height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bit were the cable comes out is the encoder unit. The Ayodigi has it integrated, for the Ayo Mark II you can buy the bare bone mount first and add the Encoder unit later.

Good idea, unfortunately for other alt az mounts on the market you have to revert to ad-ons to get DSC capability.

These are superb, sturdy and smooth mounts. Some years back I had the Williams Optics badged one, made for them by the Swiss company and before they had them copied by a Chinese/Taiwanese factory. These later types were of a lesser quality, going by reports.

It held my heavy Tal Klevtsov with ease and was a joy to use, even at high power. Sadly it was sold to provide funds for other astro stuff. I'd love to have one again, especially with DSC capability. 

AOK website - http://www.aokswiss.ch/

Cheers,

Andy.

ps: Roughly £1 = 1.50 Swiss Franc

Archived