Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

what a farce trying to get this here! 14 days and £169 import tax but hey ho i wont be buying another ever again :D

post-6284-0-10102900-1415877646_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Ahhh the pleasure of a Feathertouch. It's not a cost it's an investment that pays dividends for life. :)

• Like 2

Very nice Dan, what a well constructed and engineered piece! Congrats

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 1

Tell you what. I didn't get two end caps with my SIPS system. I'm getting on the phone to starlight instruments :D

Tell you what. I didn't get two end caps with my SIPS system. I'm getting on the phone to starlight instruments :D

i did :grin:

• Like 1

Great Dan, it's certainly quality stuff, I just had some friends bring back a feather touch focuser from N/Y for me. :)

Gee thats a lot of import duty

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

Wonderful investment there Daniel, congratulations :)

I am considering one myself for a future scope and have discovered that the rear lens element doesn't have to be removed for collimation if you use a 'Glatter type' barlowed laser.

Regards

Dannae

Great Dan, it's certainly quality stuff, I just had some friends bring back a feather touch focuser from N/Y for me. :)

:crybaby2:

• Like 1

Wonderful investment there Daniel, congratulations :)

I am considering one myself for a future scope and have discovered that the rear lens element doesn't have to be removed for collimation if you use a 'Glatter type' barlowed laser.

Regards

Dannae

yes i was wondering about that. it would be handy during the course of the night as i like to collimate as the night goes on to make sure i get the best from the sope

Gee thats a lot of import duty

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

yes but you only pay it once :)

:crybaby2:

I was a bit peeved, had to pay $13 shipping to get it to N/Y though. So asked them to bring back a Lumicon Oiii as well to soften the blow. :)
  • Like 1

I was a bit peeved, had to pay $13 shipping to get it to N/Y though. So asked them to bring back a Lumicon Oiii as well to soften the blow. :)

ok stop rubbing salt it my wounds

Seeing how easy it is to remove the lens elements to collimate I can't see me bothering with spending money on any glatter kit.