SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Magnificent work ESA ...

Steve Ward

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being told about this mission a few years ago, and that it would land soon, and we were going to find out where the Earth's water may have come from. This week, I have studied a lot about where water on Earth came from and the Rosetta Mission in my GCSE astronomy lessons. Well done to those involved! I can't believe it, what an achievement indeed!

I'll get out a nice single malt to drink to this achievement. Great work by all involved

Now then, let me see what's in the cabinet... Talisker, Glenmorangie, Glen Garioch, Glen Turret, Glenfarclas, Glenfiddich, Lagavulin, Glen Moray? Ah no, I have just the one - Smokehead, a recently purchased and recently issued Islay malt.

Just the thing, wouldn't you agree?

Slainte.

What I though was encouraging was the amount of time given over to these events on Radio 4 news at 5pm. I was expecting a mention. Possibly a 'Boffins land fridge on asteroid' - but no. It was serious and informative.

Thank you BBC.

cheers

gaj

Just watched the 10pm BBC News, lead story,and rightfully so.

But, I'm now a bit worried, because they say, that the harpoons haven't worked properly, and they're unsure what will happen. I really hope everything works out.

Sky news ran for over an hour on this as it was all going off. BBC were less infornative bit made up for it later as Tums pointed out.

My main worry is ad per yhe lander hasnt secured itself properly. Afriad we are in wait and hope terrertory now people.

I was listening to Radio 5 live in the car coming back from a meeting and just hoping I would get back in time to watch the moment.  I did, just! got the BBC news channel doing it live as the web feed went down just before 'the' moment

Helen 

Archived