SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PEAK STAR PARTY 2008

Hi there folks,

Hope you're all having a good evening ?

Just to let you all know that the Next Peak Star Party will be held between 19th - 23rd November 2008 at Greenhills Caravan and Campsite, Derbyshire.

I'll post all the booking details a little later, we (PSP Admin) are currently organising a new way of booking.

Cheers all...

Rich..

Will be very interested in coming to that Rich cos it's not far down the road from me, might get a new sleeping bag though!!

I saw the star party article in the telegraph, that was an excellent and very positive piece

Excellent, you'll love it. Might not be the darkest in the country, but it's about 3 - 4 mags better than our back yards!! :wink:

There's a nice pub, good showers and loos + a shop for those bits and bobs. For other bits and bobs you can travel to Bakewell.

I'm currently rebuilding the PSP website, want a cleaner look to it... keep your eyes on that http://www.peakstarparty.co.uk and here..

Look forward to having you on board...

Rich

Can you fill in a newbie like me about how a starparty is organised? I see it's over a number of days - do people normally stay there for that time. Are there facilities? e.g. showers, toilets, 24 hour bars?

Hi there,

At the Peak Star Party we have all the regular facilities of a good campsite; electric hookups, showers, shop and PUB! :)

Most people stay at the event for the duration (4 nights) but you can book for however many nights you wish.

The general layout is this...

Day 1..... arrive, setup and mingle.

Day 2..... Mix and observe.. go to pub drink ale and make friends :)

Day 3..... Pretty much the same as day 2 (but there could be a astro pub quizz + hot food)

Day 4..... Vendors / Speakers / raffle / BBQ etc....

Day 5... .. Off home... But book your next pitch on the way out :wink:

Hope that fills you in a bit mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd get my a**e over her and add my support.

It' would be great to get some new faces along to the PSP this year.

Ian

Hey, this is supposed to be about star parties! We don't want to know about your personal matters. So, does she have a phone number? :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Hooray!!! :hello2:

Excellent news your getting the PSP back up and running Atik Man. What a great bunch of guys n' girls I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of years ago and would really like you to count me in if pos. ( Maybe my mate Dave as well )

All the best for now

Rigel1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived