SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Back, but with tails of wo.....

earth titan

You may have noticed (or not) but I've not been round here much recently. Manic workloads and much travel has rendered astro hobbies suspended for a while.

In addition, Northants council has installed new street lighting in my road, much reducing sky glow but there is, however, a sting in the tail......

In all the road, there are 4 columns. When they published the locations, I contacted the installers to point out the location planned was in absolutely the wrong place. In the whole road, they had picked the one position where I can see it from my obsy [emoji35] .

'Not to worry', they responded - 'Shouldn't have any impact. Not designed to cast a shadow on your land and anyway, the locations have already been selected - so not a lot we can do'.

Well they are now in and although it doesn't cast any light on my land, the lamp is like having a full moon in the sky - right at my viewing position.

We are now in a position where they are considering their design options. This includes dropping the height of the column by 1m or seeing if it can be shielded. We'll see what happens but I'm not impressed. There was meant to be consultation [emoji36].

Suffice to say I haven't viewed for a while as a result. I'll keep you posted.

Archived