SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello From California

Don_K

Hi all,

My name is Don and I've been active in backyard astronomy for almost 4 years now. I own an Orion StarBlast 4.5 Tabletop reflector as well as a pair of 7x50 binoculars. I just recently bought the Celestron Cometron 12x70 binoculars but haven't received them yet. I've become more interested in binocular astronomy as time goes by. I find the portability, convenience, and "big picture" aspect of binoculars more suitable for my observing style. As soon as I get the 12x70s I will certainly post a first light report and give my impressions. Overall though, I just love looking at the stars and taking it all in. I don't have any desire to do any "science", I guess I'm more of a "tourist" who just wants to see the sights. There's so much to look at and it's all so marvelous. I look forward to participating in the community.

Clear Skies,

Don

Hi Don and welcome to the forum. Binoculars are certainly a very useful way of appreciating the sights and spectacles of our universe and always form an important part of my kit when I go out observing with my scopes. The Celestron version you have ordered has proved very popular among many astronomers though their size might warrant some type of tripod mounting as they are going to be a little heavier than your existing binos. Certainly look forward to reading your first light report on your experience with the new purchase when it finally arrives. Did you by chance purchase any anti-cloud spray when you placed your order with the retailer - you know what the weather is like with new astro kit!  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy he forum.

P.S if you haven't done so already, you might want to take a look at this website for some great ideas on mounting binos and also the suggested monthly target list of objects to find and observe.

Archived