Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

rjc404

First moon in ages 5 November 14

Hardly had time to use my telescope since moving house but finally managed to get out for a very quick look up at the moon and about 20 minutes of trying to get a decent picture in between fireworks.

Here's my best effort from tonight.

post-31280-0-11168800-1415231352_thumb.j

• Like 6

Now that is really good, is it single frame or a stack, better than my near miss with the TAL

Very nice ! :)

Well done Rob! Nicely focused. Dare not risk the OTA this week. Too many sticks, plastic cones and cardboard tubes falling out of the sky!

Thanks for the comments. I just try and get the best focus I can on Live view with x10 screen zoom and then shoot as many shots as I can when everything is looking least wobbly.

to say your using this long newt on an EQ3, you have done a superb job, do you link the cannon to your laptop or just live view on the camera?

I sort of fancy getting a long newt but have heard they hit the tripod legs

I just use live view on the camera. The scope can occasionally hit the tripod legs but careful use of the hand controller can avoid it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bruno Marin
      I found this setup in internet and make me think, with AZEQ6 GT and 2 scopes, different weights and size, without counterweight in AZ mode! 
      - I can put a MAK100mm 3kg +- and a OO VX10l  12kg +- without counterweight?

Does anyone have this setup mount and already used without counterweight with two telescopes of different weights? Is it really necessary to have a balance using in AZ mode?
      The problem to centralize the object with both scopes is true? With the SW AZEQ6 GT?
      Follow the images
      a TSA-120 with 6.5 kg i think and the other with 22kg i forgot the brand hehe you can help me?

• By AstroRuz
      £180
      Selling a nice portable wide telescope with great glass and a great field of view
      I have two telescopes and I'm using the 80ED more currently and so this Telescope just isn't getting used anymore
      It has a longer dovetail (originally from the 80ED) so declination balance can be reached.
      Great performer for the price
      Collection only as P&P is like £40 (Northamptonshire - UK)
      Selling to fund a scope or mount upgrade.🤔
      Selling

• By AstroRuz
      Skywatcher 150/1200 f8 planetary Newtonian.
      Bought this originally intending to set up a planetary rig but circumstances call for sale.
      Will come with eyepieces and a collimation eyepiece. Not used by myself and has seen very little use. Mirrors in good condition
      Collection only
      £50

• By jadcx
      Skywatcher 80 ED DS-Pro outfit including matched flattener and motor focus. Now only £350
      This kit gives you a great introduction to astronomy and imaging, which is why it's so popular.  You can see details over at FLO but there is:
      80 ED Ds-Pro OTA (Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm, Telescope Focal Length: 600mm,  f/7.5)
      SW Eyepiece (2"): 28mm
      2”/50.8mm Di-Electric Star Diagonal
      9x50 Finderscope
      Dual-Speed 11:1 2” Crayford Focuser (Backlash-Free)
      Supplied with Tube Rings & Mounting Plate - please note there is a longer black vixen type dovetail fitted, not the fancy new green short one you will see on the FLO site
      SW motor focus and fitting kit - I've never used this, hence it's not fitted (more details over on FLO)
      Dedicated SW 0.85x reducer/flattener (see FLO for more details)
      Aluminium Carrying / Shipping Case

The RRP is over £720, so grab a bargain while you can.
      Collection from Nottingham, or DHL for £20 (within UK)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.