Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Society Finder

FLO

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently both pages are only accessible via the links in this post but when there are enough societies entered we will reveal the pages and publicise them at our website. 

Twenty astronomy societies have been entered so we will make the Astronomy Society Finder live soon :smiley:

There are now over thirty astronomy societies entered so we will add a link this week :smile:

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

We have made the Astronomy Society Finder live and have added a permanent link on our home page and a banner to attract attention :smile:

Thank-you to all those who entered their society details. 
If you would like to add your astronomy society please enter details here
It is surprising we still don't have anything from Ireland, we know they have an active astronomy community. 

post-54-0-96982600-1417106804_thumb.jpg

Tweeddale astronomical society look like they will have a nice dark sky site but they might have problems with wheelchair accessibility.

Well spotted! :)

The listing was missing a - on the longitude - now sorted and much easier to get to :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to add the Letchworth society and finding that it will not recognise the name and states required fields must be completed and highlights the society name field. This seems to be the same in Chrome, IE and Firefox and it does not appears to be a character limit as it rejects everything from "Letchworth & District Astronomical Society (LDAS)" to "Letchworth Society" to "LDAS" which would not actually be helpful but I wanted to test.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Grant,

Sorry it took so long to reply, Christmas and all. Having tried again I at least have a different result as the entry appears to have gone through although there was no confirmation page and searching does not produce it. As I do not know when you have the update time set as, or if you do that manually so I will give it a look later and see what happens.

Archived