Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Colsey

Baader q turret

Hi all, just got a q turret and I cannot quite get enough inward travel on my focusser to get focus, I tried adding a barlow to the mish mash which kind of worked but seemed very blurry and made the whole setup very awkward. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Steven.

The one review on FLO says the same and they used a self centring adapter to get enough inward travel.

They are good and as far as I can tell they are all the same just branded.

Ah problem, got home and looked at my setup and I already have this:

10172840_10152604875982885_5792478318644

so I assume that is about as low as one of the self centering ones? So one would not help me? Any other ideas or am I missing something?

btw I have an orion xt10i

I've usually seen turrets used with refractors or mak / schmidt cassegrains but not newtonians to be honest with you. I'm not saying it's impossible but newts do have somewhat shorter focuser travel than other designs and the turret is going to eat up a chunk of inwards focuser travel.

I guess a low profile focusser might fix the problem but im not sure its worth the cost, £120ish minimum, may just cut my losses and sell it on.