SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M35 and NGC2158

Sam

Here's tonights effort - M35 and NGC2158. I don't know what the line is from but it was on all three frames, I think it was caused by me - not sure what though but it wasn't on any of my attempts to find M51 (flat laptop battery put an end to that escapade). Might have been a reflection off something. :?

This is from 3 X 45 exposures with the 400D processed in DSS. I quite like the different star colours and pretty happy I caught NGC2158 as well - a bit of a bonus really :wink:

4386_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

cheers

Sam

Thanks CW :), There's no phone lines out there - I wondering if the cord for the remote exposure from the canon had inadvertantly got itself around the front :wink: (had a few issues with cords and leads last night - one of which had be landing on my backside - this imaging malarky is dangerous!) :)

Wonderful Image Sam

That's the second excellent capture of M35 and little friend I have seen in a couple of days. Andrews was the other one.

It really is great stuff, and I love these open clusters. What I would like to see, and I may well borrow a friends digital projector to try this. Is to make a Powerpoint slide show of not just OC's, but other DSO's too.

Anybody already tried this already perhaps?

Ron. :wink:

M35 was not my intended target. I had just attempted to find M1 (gave up very quickly) panned past Mars and thought - well that'll be good to get the focus right on the DSLR - and then just happened to end up on M35. The battery was running low and thought, well why not. Sometimes I think the unplanned ones go better than the planned ones. :wink:

Archived