Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First image ever - Awful... but still I'm happy :)

Vox45

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were you re-ordering by quality in PIPP before stacking in Autostakkert ?

I think, but I'm not sure, that Autostakkert uses some level of continuity between frames to help it stack, so if you reorder by quality before stacking then you have jump discontinuities between frames which confuses AS.

Try it without reordering by quality, see if it gets rid of the ghost craters

Very nice 1st images, I too enjoy lunar imaging. I explore with live feed video on my laptop here in the USA, the more you get out there doing the better you'll become. KUDOS

Thanks !

Lunar imaging is great way to start... the moon is easy to find ! I am sure that, as I get better, I'll enjoy it even more. Just looking at the moon and explore the surface is amazing. The photography part is, for me, to share that feeling and spread the joy :)

... So many things to see, so little time

I think, but I'm not sure, that Autostakkert uses some level of continuity between frames to help it stack, so if you reorder by quality before stacking then you have jump discontinuities between frames which confuses AS.

Great tip ! I did not know about that. I will give it a try :)

Since it's cloudy outside, I thought that I could do a master flat and master dark for my webcam.. I see that they can be used in Registax... I guess that should help to get better pics.

Thanks Luke !

...and thanks to all of you guys and gals for being so supportive ! It's what makes this forum so special to me :)

I did what you recommended and it worked :) it got rid of almost all ghost in the images.

Mare Imbrium   Archimedes - New

Still not very nice to look at, but I can see a big improvement from the 1st version posted in this thread and this 3rd one. All is not lost for me.
Great tip :) Thanks

Archived