SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M82 data to play with

Tim

After seeing what CW did with just one shrunken JPG, I have been inspired to upload the files.

This is a 10 x 200 second stack, 2 x drizzle (what does that do???), @ iso800, C9.25 @ F10.

In another thread, somebody, I think MartinB, advised towards having guiding/imaging at F10 as being as the last goal to aim for in my learning curve. But life is short, and if guiding at F10 is hard, then it can only get easier, right? And M82 seemed an easy one to start with :wink:

I also have a 200 sec dark frame here, taken after this sequence, if it is needed? But there only seems to be a few hot pixels in it, though i dont really know how to check?

http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/34

Cheers

TJ

M82 is a good one to start with because it is nearly all bright.

You are setting yourself a very tough challenge imaging at >2000mm focal length and F10. At F10 you need to go for overall exposure much longer than at shorter F ratios and 2000mm amplifies every little error in tracking and focus. Guiding is a very complex business and a lot of it isn't intuitive. You'll need to do your homework to get good results.

Anyway here's my bash at your M82. The spikes are just processing bling!

4387_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived