Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Astrocookie

New SGL Member

Hi. I'm Paul, username Astrocookie...

Not new to astronomy, just the forum. 

I may have been a member years ago but forgot my login so thought it was time to resubmit.

I have been 'into' astronomy since childhood but became active in 2011 when I was bought a SW130 reflector.

Since then i've become hooked and now have a ED80 Pro and enjoy budget astrophotography.

I like to make my own equipment where possible and have made a powertank, bahtinov mask, repaired and modded DSLR, finderguider, remote hub with AstroEQ and various supply controls and gamepad, remote USB DSLR trigger with timed image capture software, spiker and solar filter. Currently working on an auto focuser.

I am a member of the LAS and Central midlands stargazers and enjoy getting out when weather permits.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul - Glad that you decided to become reacquainted again :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Ey up Paul nice to see you on here, can you DIY something to get rid of these clouds? :p

Hi Paul welcome to S G L,

you will be popular in the DIY section. Enjoy!

Clear Sky's

Thanks for the welcome's everyone.

I may be on here a lot if the weather doesn't improve !!!

There's only so many times I can take my kit out to check it and pack it away again.

:icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome back !

Clear skies

Hi Paul and welcome to SGL, as an avid DIY enthusiast, if you feel that you have created a device that you think would benefit other forum users, please post in the DIY section, as I am sure forum members would love to hear about it :)