Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One small reason why the Nexstar Evolution rocks :)

Radiolysis

I got the 9.25 and and image quality is great. Orion nebula looked fantastic through just a standard 40 mm plossl. 6 Only issue I have had is the sky portal app crashes on me when connected to the telescope. I don't know if it's a problem with the app itself or my tablet.

Feeling the need for more apeture recently (only got 4" and 5" 'fracs at the moment) and I quite like the look of these myself too - going to wait until I;ve read a few more user reviews though.

I hate that red dot finder thing they ship with them though - I assume its the same as the one that came with my old 8SE. Wish they'd ship with a proper finder! Used to get a bit of fogging at the front end of the 8SE, but it was fine after I got the dewshield - definitely worth the investment!

The Evolutions certainly look nicely built. Are they really as easy to plug and paly as they're advertised? How do you rate the Celestron SkyPortal App? We have SkySafari on my wife's pad - any idea if that would work with the Evolution?

The sky portal app is fantastic...when it works. The scope tends to lose connection to my tablet and crash. I don't know if it's just bugs in the app or it doesn't like my tablet. When it does work and I've got it aligned it is damn near spot on when I go to an object selected. There are also a lot of features you can adjust such as slew speed, backlash, and maximum/minimum degree of vertical slew. Optics on the 9.25 are excellent. Standard xlt coatings but nice sharpness with little coma. The mount is also quite beefed up. It is 90 percent metal constructed and the motor is a big s tep up from the SE. The tripod is the heavy duty one that comes with the bigger cpc scopes. overall evolution is a great visual scope. The hyperstar capability and ability to add an eq. Wedge are a nice bonus. There are better scopes of course but with the evolution being essentially a pimped out version of the SE series, you can't go wrong.

Archived