Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Radiolysis

Greetings all from a newly christened telescope user :)

I've always had a fascination with astronomy though ive never actively pursued it. Early this year I had discovered one of my old friends from highschool is a professional astronomer and briefly worked at NASA JPL. This gave me a kick in the pants and I took it upon myself to self teach myself on anything related to astronomical physics and cosmology. My wife gave me a used Nexstar 4se telescope as an anniversary gift. This would be the first telescope I ever owned. Needless to say that first night I gazed upon the hazy glow of Andromeda I was hooked. Two months later and I just got ahold of a new Nexstar Evolution 9.25. I eventually want to get into astrophotography but that will be later down the line. Kicking myself that I didn't get involved in this realm sooner :p

Hi and welcome to the forum. We've all wished we started sooner but as usual life gets in the way a little. However starting an interest a little later isn't all that bad because sometimes through our life experiences we then approach things in a differently which can afford us  more enjoyment. I noticed in your introduction that you didn't hang around long to upgrade to a larger scope - you may not realise it but that makes you an official suffer of a condition we astronomers term as "aperture fever" and it's incurable, just don't let the other half find out!  :grin:  :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

• Like 1

Greetings and welcome! Good to see another convert come aboard. You'll find very intelligent and friendly folks here - eager to help answer questions pertaining to most any field of astronomy. So pull up a chair and make yourself to home!

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I just got myself a C6 (first scope ever) and I know how you feel. This is an addictive hobby.

clear skies !

Hi, and welcome, I am fairly new here too and people are very friendly and helpful

Hope you get a lot out of this forum

SS