Bit of Sun from today

Davey-T

Looked as if the blue bits were bigger than the grey bits for a change so thought I'd try a mosaic with the Quark / B'Fly .5x reducer.

The best laid plans as they say :)

Plugged everything in and discovered Norton had removed Fire Capture again  :mad:  reinstalled it got it to recognise the camera got focussed (note to self must sort out electric focuser) got distracted looking at the Sun through LS60.

So eventually got started later than planned and finished as the Sun dropped too low, seeing got worse and the last video had trees in it.

Only done this so far to see how it came out.

Dave

post-21198-0-63836900-1414859259.jpg

Some really nice detail in this one as well. I am not sure my Quark will be capable of doing a mosaic, it's FoV is a little small, but it is also slightly uneven and using flats/trying to stitch it together will be far too much like hard work. I think I will stick to my Lunt for mosaics, keep the Quark for the ultra close ups.

Oh and travel, with my white light rig.

Robin

Archived