Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 data to play with

Tim

Hi.

Finally after all day, I managed to upload a few pics to ukastronomers. Not great quality, but i'm sure that some of you can do them more justice than me. Would really like to see what you can make of them, posted under this thread please.

Its a nice easy (!) M31 to start with.

I also have M42, M81, M13, M57, M82, M35, Saturn and Mars AVI's. Space on UKA seems limited and im not certain files can be deleted? So let me know what you fancy!! It's only my moonies I'm gonna keep for meself!!

Thanks a million in advance.

http://ukastronomers.com/

M31 under "Files", public access, Username is Tim or TJ I think.

Cheers

TJ

Hi TJ,

Had a quick play. I don't have the software to stack anymore, so just played with one frame in Photoshop 5. Once Martin. Rog and Co get their hands on them you'll have something far superior to my effort.

Russ

post-12650-133877338721_thumb.jpg

Heres a direct link to the files: http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/33

TJ to delete files, when you are logged in go to the file information page (don't click on download, click on 'Full Description / Comments' next to it).

On the right hand side about halfway down are buttons to edit or delete the file.

Cheers,

Grant

I've had a go TJ but it's hard work because the overall exposure time is very low. The more exposure time you get the easier it becomes to process. The stars were pretty trailed on the subs but I was able to reduce this during stacking.

I think your polar alignment was probably a bit out.

So, for those wow images that your mrs is after it's good polar alignment then subs up to the point where the stars start to trail then lots of them. Minimum of 1 hour.

Here's what I managed to produce

4385_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hi,TJ

I tried to download the RAW data but the computer said NO! :wink:

If you would like to post a jpeg or png image of the other images here I'll give them a go.

I downloaded Russ's image and had a play with that for a while but as I said yesterday M31 is not a favorite of mine to work on so the result is not of the best I'm afraid.

Cheers

CW

(Click as usual)

Thank you both.

(and for the advice too btw)

As for the polar alignment Martin, there's a tale to tell on that one. I spent 20 mins aligned on the wonrg star, then realised I couldnt really SEE polaris due to the forest. Took a best guess at a star and that was it.

Now I have the auto guiding it should help a lot I feel, these were just the mount tracking alone.

Also, the FOV and speed (F6.3) offered by the WO 72 FD will do M31 a lot more justice I think, only trouble is that it is sinking into the LP from birmingham now, and over the fence by the time it is dark. Maybe next year :wink:

CW, can you work with TIFFs? Seems a shame to lose the 12 bit data with a jpg?

Cheers

TJ

CW, can you work with TIFFs? Seems a shame to lose the 12 bit data with a jpg?

Cheers

TJ

If you post a TIFF image my poor little computer should be able to handle it OK.

Cheers

CW

OK.

Its 232mb. :)

I'll send you a little fella :binky: :wink:

Cheers.

Archived