Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Qhy5L-ii Problems - No Image

Rico

Hi

Yeah with PHD, qhy recommend using only the Ascom driver. You can run into problems if whatever driver is running crashes. In that case I find the best thing is to reboot. If there's still problems then cold boot! One thing about the camera is that it requires a high bandwidth. That means using usb 2.0 high speed ports. Not all usb ports (at least, on older systems) are high speed (480 Mbps). So called 'Full Speed' ports are only rated at a mere 12 Mbps. Similarly, not all usb cables are rated at usb 2.0 high speed so you really need good quality ones. This was one of my reasons for experimenting with usb 3.0 - superfast!

PHD2 is a further-developed version of PHD v1 which I don't think will be updated from the last version. I prefer PHD2 but some people say they've had difficulties with it and have reverted to PHD 1. I suppose that's astro software for you... On the plus side, PHD2 is under constant development so seems a better bet. You can, of course, have both versions installed :)

I've never used SharpCap, I'm afraid so can't help there.

Louise

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update.  PHD and PHD2 work with the ASCOM drivers.  EZPlanetary works directly.  Installed APT tonight and everything still runs.  I've even managed to install my USB wireless network adapter.  Everything is running through USB2 ports.

I might to the lotto tomorrow...

Archived