SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dew Shield for a 200pds?

Hello, does anyone know of a commercially made dewshield that fits the 200pds? I know lots of people make their own but I'd rather buy one that's custom made if possible.

I've asked FLO but they don't sell one. Surprising I thought this was a fairly popular scope.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hello, does anyone know of a commercially made dewshield that fits the 200pds? I know lots of people make their own but I'd rather buy one that's custom made if possible.

I've asked FLO but they don't sell one. Surprising I thought this was a fairly popular scope.

Thanks for any suggestions

I couldnt find any pre-made either, so I ordered a cheap sleeping mat online, cut and glued it, and wrapped it in carbon fiber vinyl wrap for extra coolness. ;)

Ok thanks for that Robin, I've located it on FLO. Interestingly enough they do a heated version as well... am I right that this should help the secondary mirror even more? It's £££ more expensive though!

For the benefit of anyone else looking, I can confirm that the dewshield for the Celestron C8 does NOT. Fit the 200PDS... as previously stated though it seems to fit the 200P. Not sure why the difference, but it just doesn't!

£4 Sports direct, and few tie wraps  :lipsrsealed:

Problems I have are coming in from the cold, as the scope warms up. Thats when I get condensation. But going outside, the telescope cools for an hour or more. The results are instantly noticeable, and with  the slightest of disturbance (de-focus) maybe on the Airy disk. Check the pattern before the telescope has cooled, and then check again later, the difference is clear, just a whisper of thermal imagery, and probably none if I left it to cool even longer, but the nights are only so long.

Archived