Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mini Giro WR - First Impressions

Pig

I got my Giro mount set up today after waiting a couple of days for a bolt to arrive in the post :laugh: I have to say it really is a lovely piece of Kit and I feel it will be an improvement over the AZ4

Pro's

• The unit feels solid and is put together very well indeed
  • All the little grub screws that hold the bits and pieces onto the shafts have very deep counterbores which helps when tightening them up, no rounding off of the allen key etc ... ( gives a comforting feeling about the build quality)
  • The motion in both planes is as smooth as one could ask for
  • The lockout is excellent and feels nice and strong but at the same time effortless to adjust, it held both the scopes in the zenith position perfectly
  • As both my scopes are quite short there is no chance of the scopes touching the tripod in any position
  • The unit is very light indeed despite its payload capacity, helping to make my whole set up very portable

Con's

• Very difficult to identify any at this time as the proof of the pudding is in the eating. However, as soon as I use the mount I will post my findings.

post-27910-0-49782500-1414698867.jpg

Thank you Gordon

I didn't realise the mounting shoe on the Equinox is also a dovetail, a very nice and unexpected plus, and has resulted in not needing the use of an "L bracket"  :laugh: Lovely Jubbly

Looks great Shaun. Slightly different model to mine but I'm sure they are virtually identical in use. Very smooth and great load capacity for their size.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Do you have the 7cm CW bar in the second clamp? I think mine is the 13 and the shorter one looks much more balanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Stu,

I ordered a 7cm CW bar but there weren't  any in stock, after waiting an extra week for them to be back in stock TS offered to shorten a 13cm bar for me.

I have had a little dance with it and the signs are looking good :laugh:

Lady luck has smiled on me and I got a quick go, nothing more to say other than superb, no more jerky movements, the mount is quite smooth too :grin:

One slight issue I noticed pretty rapidly is the lower adjustment knob is positioned a little close to the dual mount attachment thus making it a bit fiddly. Its not much of an issue as once its set you don't have to touch it again during the session.

Oh yes, there is a nice arched prom in the 3 O'clock position, its very big :laugh:

Verry poor grammer in tha post above Luke...surry

Archived