Nearly gone

Davey-T

I'm staking out the x ray flux monitor.

There is officially one and a half hours left for some action before I head out and that will be the last I will see of it.

Do you think it's big enough to come round again ?

Not to clued up on Solar Dynamics

Dave

I'm not terribly clued up myself but I think it's hard to say.

The last couple of days it does appear to have started breaking up a bit quicker, I have no idea if it can reform again. My guess is we will probably see something on the return, maybe a handful of smaller ARs.

There were lots of post flare loops on GONG at lunchtime too, everyone in the north and east would have got a good view :)

It is certainly large enough to come round again, put 12th Nov in your diaries, but I expect it will be a collection of small spots, but still will be a large area of decaying plage in Calcium K. The Calcium K plage can persist for over a month after the spots have decayed.

Alexandra

There were lots of post flare loops on GONG at lunchtime too, everyone in the north and east would have got a good view :)

It is certainly large enough to come round again, put 12th Nov in your diaries, but I expect it will be a collection of small spots, but still will be a large area of decaying plage in Calcium K. The Calcium K plage can persist for over a month after the spots have decayed.

Alexandra

Oh dear, another reason to get Cakked up  :grin:

Dave

Archived