Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath - how far to the electricity?

I'm going to the Autumn Star Party in September and I've got a nice pitch in the Red field. However, when I I booked the pitch last September, I forgot to look how far it was to the electric hook up (Doh!). Could someone who is going to the spring event please do me a huge favour a find out how far it is from the middle of pitch 332 to it's hook up point?

Thanks

I think you'll find that most touring caravan and camping pitches are laid out so that the standard 25m 'hook up' lead will reach the power point.

Don't forget, the connections aren't normal 13 Amp domestic type.

Dave

post-13389-133877338717_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877338719_thumb.jpg

My pitch was big enough to include a car and a tent. So, assuming yours will be at least as big and the power point is in the corner of the pitch, your lead will not reach to the corner diagonally opposite. Therefore you don't have total freedom about where you put your gear on your pitch.

Your choices seem to be: buy a longer lead, take another extension lead to plug into the first one or put your gear within 5 metres of the power point.

Mike

You could always "borrow" your neighbour's electricity. From my experiences at previous Kelling's, you probably don't want to know how many 4 way extension sockets, telescopes, heaters, kettles, TV's e.t.c. can be run from one hook up point....!

Dave (pitch 348 for this spring)

Just a word of warning......

If your camping in a tent please make sure you use a "proper" Electric Hook Up lead.This way you have Rcd protection :afro:

Water and electrics really dont mix :nono:

Steve, what would you call 'proper'? I'm asking as I'm thinking of bringing the imaging shebang along and I was thinking of buying one of those short plug adapters (second one down on Centroid's pics), putting a RCD that I normally use for the lawnmower on the adapter and running my normal 12m extension lead off of that. Would that be enough?

Tony..

Archived