Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

rodrigol

First Solar images - AR2192 25/10/2014

Hi,

My first solar images of AR2192 using my127 Mak and SG5. Seeing on the 25th was quite good and I zoom into the sun quite a bit.

post-18051-0-22909200-1414506302_thumb.j

post-18051-0-22800200-1414506318_thumb.j

post-18051-0-06796600-1414506353_thumb.j

• Like 5

Well done. a good time to start Solar imaging with the biggest spot for years.

Dave

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cosmic Geoff
      For once I set up my two catadroptic imaging scopes together to see how they compared, and how well the smaller one cut through the crud.
      C8 SCT on SE mount, ASI 120MC, ADC, processed in Registax6, 3000 frame video.
      Celestron 127mm Mak on Nexstar SLT mount, wood tripod, ASI120MC , ADC, processed in Registax6, 3000 frame video.
      The 127mm images are slightly smaller, placed second.   The bigger scope seems to do better.  I thought that Saturn did not change much and was just a seeing test target, but the shadow of the planet on the rings is now distinctly asymmetrical.   The dark smudges in the C8 Mars images correlate well with real features.  Mars altitude about 11 deg. The dust storm seems to be over.
      The seeing was better than it's been for a while. 

• By Jove
      Hi all, haven't been able to get the scope out much lately due to the weather, but have managed a couple of half decent Jupiter images since new year. I've been trying out Autostakkert2 and Planetary Image Preprocessor (PIPP) for preprocessing, aligning and stacking frames instead of Registax, though I am still using Registax6 for wavelets. This is probably my best effort from Jan 5th, a little early for the GRS it is just coming into view on the right hand (Western) limb.
      Happy new year and clear skies to all

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.