SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC 5146 Cocoon nebula with lots of dust...

Avdhoeven

Last weekend I was at a star party here in the Netherlands. We were lucky and had quite a good night with good seeing. I decided to image the Cocoon nebula with my TMB92.

This is the final result.

Full resolution here

Telescope TMB92SS
Camera QSI583ws with Astrodon LRGB
Mount NEQ6

Exposure:
13x600s L
5x600 R,G,B each

15612549076_7d0471eab8_h_d.jpg

Very nice indeed - nice and dusty! It's a really dense starfield but you've controlled it well.

This might be a bit picky but it looks like the blue channel might need a boost? The reflection nebulosity immediately around the cocoon itself has come out a bit grey.

Very nice indeed - nice and dusty! It's a really dense starfield but you've controlled it well.

This might be a bit picky but it looks like the blue channel might need a boost? The reflection nebulosity immediately around the cocoon itself has come out a bit grey.

No problem! i think it should have, but I have to see. It was getting hazy when I was catching the blue, so I'll see what I can get out. Thanks for the tip!

Archived