SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Request for 'beginners/enthusiasts' DSO images for short documentary

Hi all, sorry I've been away for a while but I've been busy with other things... :laugh:

One thing I have an interest in is making films and I've had reasonable successes on the amateur scene. In summer I began making a short documentary about buying a new telescope and capturing images with it, and I need to revive the project in order to finish it for certain competition dates. The idea was to film the setting-up and 'capturing' of images from the telescope, then add my processed images at the end. These would then have been updated with better images over the course of next year when I should have more time to get to grips with imaging DSO's.

However, I'm running out of time (and favourable weather) and although I am reasonably certain I should finish the filming within the next few weeks, I have no images!

So, if anyone would be prepared to send to me copies of some of their 'beginners' or 'enthusiasts' DSO images, that would be great. I am looking for a total of probably up to 10 images capable of being captured using a Skywatcher 150P or 130P-DS (because they are what I own) or their equivalent. I'm not looking for a 'perfect' image that shows years of study and experience with imaging, but I do need images of any DSO's from the Northern hemisphere that will make a potential audience say 'wow,' even if they are over-processed (the images that is, not the audience!) Unfortunately I can't offer anything other than a name mention in the end credits because I am an amateur filmmaker and paying for 'services' disqualifies me from competitions.

The finished film will be in Full HD, so the larger or more defined the image the better.

If anyone has any questions then please PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I can also give links to a few of my other films if required, as well as the first draft edit of some of the footage I have already taken of the telescope documentary.

Many thanks in advance - John

Archived