Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Advice (Part 2)

First off i apoligiza if this has been covered before, or is in the wrong section.

Now.... I'm interested in Astrophotography and was wondering what i would need, and how to set it up.

I have a digi-cam that has CCD written on it, actually it says "Super CCD" - (ooohhh. lol.) Anyway, i take it this is a camera i need? What else do i need? (Apart from a motor drive.)

This is a bit of a noob question, but when i'm taking pictures do i need a laptop, and does the image, before taking the 'snap', appear on the laptop's screen?

Also, i havn't really checked yet, but i'm assuming i can somehow set up my camera to take 'X' seconds of exposure?

Incase it matters, here's some specs of the camera so you knowledgable types can tell me if it's going to be of any use...

It's a "Fujifilm FinePix Super Mega Pixlels CCD (F601Zoom)" It has 3X optical zoom, and f=8.3-24.9mm. (I'm assuming that's the focal length?)

Sorry for all the questions, but i'm sure they're no match for your big brains!

Many thanks in advance for the replies.

Shaun.

I'm REALLY sorry, i've just checked my last post on imaging advice and was reminded of a primer someone helpfull gave me a link to that i forgot to comeback to. This link seems to answer my questions so this topic can be deleted if wished. Sorry.

Must pay more attention!! lol.

Archived