Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1Min on M1

Roy Batty

Thought I'd post this one only as a minor curiosity, because I can't recall seeing many attempts at M1 using a DSLR - as usually it's tackled by the CCD close up brigade.

Mind you this is only a single 1 minute shot - I was most impressed by the dumb luck that the mount slewed to it dead centre first time :shock: honest

cheers

RB

4363_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Is that prime focus Roy? If so, how do you get your sky so black? Assuming that you live in light polluted skies like mine. The stars look great too. I did my first bit of prime focus last night, I'll post the results up tomorrow. Great capture by the way, I trusted to dumb luck as well last night and managed to get a great one of M81 and 82. Well great for me............

Yep it's prime focus.

As M1 is a fairly high target in the sky at the moment (late evening) you're less likely to get the effects of LP on it as opposed to if it were low down towards the horizon. Also remember this is only a 1 Min sub. Keeping the sky looking black is achieved by gradual use of levels and curves in PS CS3 when processing.

Plus - I've been prattling on about my new dew-shield making quite a difference on my C8-N in my recent imaging posts, but if you don't have one already I would seriously recommend you get one for your scope it will make a significant difference to both your viewing and imaging.

cheers

RB

Thought I'd post this one only as a minor curiosity, because I can't recall seeing many attempts at M1 using a DSLR - as usually it's tackled by the CCD close up brigade.

cheers

RB

....minor curiosity! More like a major coup for the DSLR legion. :wink:

That's such a beautiful widefield image I had see what could be seen close in.....perverse I know but I was surprised by the detail lurking in there.

This is an enlarged and enhanced centre section which is lacking in aesthetic quality but I think you can nearly see why Lord What's his name said it looked like a crab. I think I can see a pincer or three in there!

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Archived