Hello from Syed Saif Alam

Syed Saif Alam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi !

Im saif

Im also a newbie to astronomy ... i have purchased celestron 76 mm firstscope nd am really exited as i am buying a bigger 130 mm scope like the one u have .... plz suggest some things that i can see ?

Clear skies.!

Hi saif I'm sorry i cant help you i am totally new to everything :-) 

Welcome Saif,

You will find out all you need to know from the good people on SGL.

The Stellarium Planetarium program is very useful, and free to download if you have a Computer that is.

Just put Stellarium into your search Engine, and the site where you can download it from will be there.

Don't put any pressure on yourself to learn the sky, and the Constellations. That will be a natuaral progression for you, and all will come good in time.

I would concentrate on learning about your relescope first. Finding out how your eyepieces deliver various objects to your eyes.

For example, Low power eyepieces are the ones with the large number IE 32 mm, or 25mm.

The lower numbers 7mm 10mm  deliver higher magnifications.  Let me stress that High magnification is not always desirable, it can lead to images being not too clear.

Stars will never appear anything but points of light in your telescope, no matter which eyepieces you use. They are totally impervious to high  magnification.

Teach yourself how the telescope moves, and how the images you see move compared to the direction you move the telescope.

You may find it confusing to begin with, but it is important to familiarise yourself with  those movements.

Don't forget to ask questions when you feel the need to.

Also, I recommend you buy yourself a Planisphere. Teach yourself how it works, it will be a big help in recognising your local  star/ constellation patterns  at particular times of the month and year.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Archived