Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

extension tube and variable polarising filter..

I've got a lunt wedge on order, out for delivery as it happens, which I'm giddy about as I've been waiting like most others for lunt since and the end of July....

I'd like to use the variable filter as recommended and Ive seen mention of a extension tube used between the wedge and ep...

Can anyone please suggest a reasonable quality one? Also will this effect the focus position, im assuming it will but by how much and do I need anything else?

Thanks in advance

Ta

Fozzie

Hi Fozzie, yes, it will affect the focus position, though I have not used the wedge, talking about normal night time use. 

The best variable polarising filter I have found is the Lumicon one.  Not available in this country I ordered mine from the States and it came within one and half weeks, I use mainly 2" accessories as these can be used with 1.25" ep's etc, here is a link: http://agenaastro.com/lumicon-variable-polarizer-filter-2.html  You will have to pay a small import charge.

If you are asking about extensions then I use the Baader FTR's (again 2") which have filter threads as well.  From FLO

Archived